Important questions SAR and action on project opening

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Jan 8 13:34:20 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have several questions to smooth the packaging of the environment of
> my book:
> 	- Is sar a format that can be loaded by default in Squeak 3.4?

Well, no - but it is installable through SqueakMap so the answer is
"Yes, if you first install SqueakMap which you can easily do by simply
choosing open->package loader with an Internet connection available".

> 	- should I include in my distribution the changeset?

SAR is typically used to bundle multiple changesets and/or resource
files into an autoinstallable package. I haven't used it myself but take
a look at the package SARBuilder.

> In my script I load all the files and then I do:
>
> proj := (Project newMorphicOn: nil).
> proj renameTo: 'CaroAndBot'.
> proj enter.

Well, a package published on SqueakMap should probably not "start"
immediately on installation. It seems better to let the user "start" it
somehow.

Btw - Projects are also autoinstallable through SqueakMap.

> Then within the project I would like to execute the following code
> but I do not succeed.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #TurtleEnvironment) install.
>
> Is there a means to tells a project to execute a script at enter time?

Someone else answered this I think.

regards, Göran