AA Fonts (was Re: Has anyone succesfully installed squeak on RH 8.0?)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Jan 10 19:50:19 UTC 2003

Alan Kay wrote:

> There is support for AA Fonts in 3.4 via Yoshiki Ohshima. I think
> this is in the update stream.

Actually, Yoshiki's AA Fonts didn't quite make it in time for the 3.4 update stream, which is now closed to new enhancements.  It is available on SqueakMap, though, as TrueTypeTextStyle.

(I'm guessing it will be added pretty soon to 3.5alpha, though.  Assuming it is considered an enhancement and not a standalone package.)

- Doug Way