Balloon 3D

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 14 16:54:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:37:02AM +0100, Jose HG wrote:

> Hello,
> I need information about Balloon 3D, I would like to know where i can find
> information about this; i want to know how i can define projection
> ortogonal;

>From your final question, I assume you're using Croquet.  Since Croquet
uses OpenGL, you set up an orthogonal projection just as you would in
OpenGL.  The projection is set up when a TCamera is initialized; look
at the method TCamera>>initFrustum.  You can make a subclass of TCamera
that overrides this method to set up the projection matrix however you
like.

> how can access to render engine and how i can say where it must
> to draw:

You send messages to an instanced of GLX (usually named glx) just as
you would in an OpenGL program written in C.

Eg.

glx glBegin: GLTriangles.
glx glColor3f: 1 with: 0 with: 0.  "red"
glx glVertex3f: 1 with: 0 with: 0.
<etc>
glx glEnd.

> other question: how can i say to glx where have to draw?

Could you rephrase this question?

Thanks,
Joshua