[Q] Status of blocks

Swan, Dean Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Thu Jan 16 01:00:22 UTC 2003

Please pardon my ignorance, but if Anthony's VI4 work
is done, includes block closures and is faster than the
stock VM, why is there reluctance to take it as a whole?

I've read some of the messages related to this, and from
my point of view, a new bytecode set and stack contexts
are both great improvements and we should want them as
well.

Could anyone enlighten me about the concerns?  I understand
there are emotional reasons (i.e. too much change for comfort),
but I don't see any technical drawbacks.

					-Dean