[Q] Status of blocks

tblanchard at mac.com tblanchard at mac.com
Thu Jan 16 09:52:54 UTC 2003

I've always had good luck by doubling the current size of things when
they hit capacity (lacking any more knowledge about what's going on
anyhow).  If you do shrinking, I do it when the thing falls to around
25% utilization and then shrink it by half.

Just my heuristic but I find it tends to find something close to the
appropriate size pretty fast.