My first Squeak :) - Morphic-Demo WorldBouncer

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Mon Jan 20 13:41:09 UTC 2003

bokel,

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:09:44 +0100 "Ralf Bokelberg" <squeak at bokelberg.de> wrote:
>when i would like to investigate
>when and where the owner is set,
>how can i afford that ?
>
>tia
>bokel
>

>"Bob Arning" wrote
>>That's because #initialize is called very
>>shortly after the object is created, before
>>it is actually added to a owner morph.

With a browser pointing at your morph class, pop up the menu on the pane listing the classes and choose "inst var defs". From the menu that appears, select "owner" and you will get a browser on those methods that store a new value into owner. Several of these are #initialize variants that set it to nil (just in case ;-). Several are related to deleting, but one, #privateOwner:, looks like a good candidate. Check the senders of #privateOwner: and you will see several methods in Morph that are involved in adding morphs to other morphs. These are the ones you are interested in.

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:33:24 +0100 "Ralf Bokelberg" <squeak at bokelberg.de> wrote:
>it would be nice to have a message sent
>to me "after" my owner has been set. Do
>you know if there already is something like
>this ?

There isn't one precisely for that, but #ownerChanged will be sent to a morph when a new layout may be needed due to some change in the owner. You could probably do what you need at this point.

Cheers,
Bob