[Enh] [Star Browser] [Jacaranda] [Connectors] PreliminaryJacaranda/Connectors in Star Browser support

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jan 21 19:38:46 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 11:30 am, Ken Causey wrote:

> Let's look at another example.  Forget removing packages.  If
> SBCeleste is packaged together with Star Browser and Star Browser
> is installed but Celeste is not then SBCeleste is not installed I
> believe.  What if the user later installs Celeste?  Is the user
> expected to reinstall Star Browser to get the SBCeleste functions?

This is the case right now.

> How would the user even know that such exists?

I suppose that this might be something that could be added to a
README.

> I don't mean to imply that I consider this a major or pressing
> issue. But I would like to figure out the appropriate place for
> SBJacaranda. At this point it sounds like you or Roel need to pick
> it up.  Assuming it's of interest.

No, just separately package SBJacaranda from Jacaranda, put both into
a SAR, and make your installer look for StarBrowser as a condition
for installation of SBJacaranda.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com