WindowsCE Machine Development

Swan, Dean Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Thu Jan 23 02:23:12 UTC 2003

Rachel,
	Here's a step-by-step to apply the fix:

	1. Start the version of Squeak that you want to add this patch to.
		I'm assuming that you're using 3.2 for the rest of this.

	2. Right click on an empty area in the Squeak window.
	3. Click on 'open...' in the menu that will pop-up.
	4. Click on 'file list'
	5. The window that opens after selecting 'file list' is similar
		in function to the Windows Explorer window on a PC.

		Use the upper left part of the window to go to directory
		where you saved the Zip file you downloaded.

	6. Left Click on the 'DosFileDirectory.je.2.zip' file, then
		right click on the 'DosFileDirectory.je.2.zip' file.

	7. Select 'open archive viewer' from the pop-up menu.

	8. A window that works a lot like 'WinZip' will open.

	9. Click on the 'Extract All' button.

	10. A window will pop-up asking you to select a directory
		to extract to.  Select a directory.

		where you extracted the 'DosFileDirectory.je.2.cs' file to.

	12. In the upper right pain of the file list, left click on the
		'DosFileDirectory.je.2.cs'.

	13. Click the 'File-In' button.

	14. Close the archive viewer and the file list windows.

	15. Pop up the world menu (as in step 2) (i.e. save, save as...,
		save as new version, or save and quit - all near the bottom
		of the menu).

Then when you start Squeak again using the image file you just saved, it should include the DosFileDirectory fix.

						-Dean