Sources file missing information message strange

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 23 21:57:48 UTC 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 01:08  PM, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm playing a bit around to see all the problems beginners can have
> while starting with squeak and I notice that the message shown when
> the sources file is not there is a bit strange:
> "Make sure the sources file is not an alias" is not really good.

That's a hold over from the days when the macintosh introduced alias
files and the Squeak VM
didn't know what to do with them. However that issue was fixed years
ago and most folks should
use one source file and a dozen or more alias links to that file from
various squeak image folders.

Perhaps you could change it to display what the current path is and an
explaination that we
couldn't open and use the file, perhaps it has a permissions problem or
it's not a squeak source file?

===