Dependents and Morphs question

Roel Wuyts wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Jul 1 08:07:02 UTC 2003

Hi all,
I am browsing a bit through Squeak code, and encountered the following
thing which surprised me...

Quite some code (for browsers for example) makes dependents of morphs.
But since a Morph is not a Model, these dependents are all kept in the
DependentFields class variable on Object. My question is simply: why is
Morph not a Model?

PS: Note that I was thinking that quite a lot of dependents would be in
DependentsField, so I inspected it. Turned out that there were only a
couple, so this might be the answer to my question... Since I had quite
a number of browsers open, I thought there would be many more.

--
Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group