UIUC updates access removed (was Re: Trouble getting updates w/o Squeak)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Jul 1 19:15:41 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:

>On Tuesday 01 July 2003 09:45 am, Doug Way wrote:
>

>>This explains why people have been having trouble updating 3.5
>>images, because we also changed the backup updates server after
>>that (from squeaklet.com to squeakfoundation.org).  Fortunately the
>>European updates site still works.
>>

>I thought the updates were via HTTP.

You're right, but HTTP access seems to be gone as well.  Seems like part
of the same problem.

I should have listed an HTTP test, not an FTP test.  For example,
http://update.squeakfoundation.org/external/updates/updates.list still
works, but http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/updates/updates.list no
longer works.

- Doug Way