[VM] Re: Fwd: [Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements

Alexandre Bergel bergel at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Jul 1 20:33:27 UTC 2003

Hello!

This last days I was experimenting by modifying the VM.
Without the fix proposed by Craig this was impossible.

I can only provide a feedback as an end-user: I spent the whole last week to implement a new method lookup without any problem. I was playing a lot by putting a "self halt" in the method Interpreter>>lookupMethodInClass:, or by holding the process running the VM by pressing alt-. recompile some methods, and then resuming the process.

I didn't encounter an problem. It really works as I may expect. The only point perhaps is it is slow, but I think it is not related to Craig or Anthony fix.

Hoping it helps...

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~bergel