Reason for lack of Oracle driver

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Wed Jul 2 06:08:00 UTC 2003

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> writes:

> If you know what interfaces you need and can be bothered to write
> the Slang code for a plugin it will almost always be faster since
> you can very specifically handle the parameters.

Slang = subset of Smalltalk that can be converted to C, right = I can
imagine how to write "faster" code this way, i.e. code that CAN run in
an interpreted way, but is faster when compiled via C.

But how can I access the oracle client libs from Slang ? I mean, this
code could not possibly run in an interpreted way.