Reason for lack of Oracle driver

Stoffel, Andrew andrew.stoffel at jenzabar.net
Wed Jul 2 14:33:36 UTC 2003

> In the meantime, you can always use ODBC to connect to
> Oracle...
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2480
>
> You can also download the OBDC package on SqueakMap...
>  Didn't try it inside out but I know it works fine
> with all my databases, i.e. Oracle 9i, DB2 6.x, DB2
> 7.x, MySQL 3.23.5x, MySQL 4.x and MS SQL Server 2000...

You can also use it with the CONNX (http://www.connx.com/ )
ODBC driver to access a few other things (though I've only
briefly tested it with a proprietary OpenVMS based database
that I work with (One of those 'If you've never purchased
any of our product you'll never have heard of it' kinds of
proprietary.) so I could be assuming too much here...).

-Andy-