Warning! DON'T UPDATE!!! (Re: [UPDATES] More KCP updates (and problems))

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 2 15:08:48 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 11:10 pm, Doug Way wrote:
> These are the latest KCP changes.  I ran into a few problems, so I
> left out two of the changesets for now.  (The other changesets
> didn't appear to depend on these.)

This totally breaks on loading. Please, people, DON'T LOAD THE UPDATES
UNTIL WE FIX THEM!

Symptoms:

* about half of KCP-0085MoveToChangeSet.3.cs didn't get loaded at all.

* Some of it shows up as if it was loaded into KCP-0084.

* KCP-0087 and 0088 are showing up as blank.

I *think* what happened here is this:

KCP0085 redefines:

ClassDescription>>compile: code notifying: requestor trailer: bytes
		ifFail: failBlock
		elseSetSelectorAndNode: selAndNodeBlock

and nothing after that in that change set got loaded. That includes
#classComment:stamp:, etc.

Further research is needed.

It's possible that (since we switch change sets in the update loading
process) that mechanism needs to be updated in sync with the other
changes.

I suspect we'll have to break up the change sets to load them from the
update stream.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com