[BUG]Scampler-Posting, Authentication, Infinite Loop

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 2 19:18:47 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> In which case, let's hope some network savvy Squeaker decides to
> implement a high quality HTTPClient. Could round out all those
> significant improvements in the networking area Squeak has been going
> through (network rewrite, Jabber support).
>
> Maybe one of the Comanche people wants to weight in with their
> perspective on what's needed...

People keep refering to Comanche and Seaside, and I don't understand
why.  The HTTPClient/HTTPSocket is a client, and these others are
servers.  I'm pretty sure Comanche does not use HTTPSocket and is not
influenced by its capabilities or what it can do.

The client is used by things like Scamper.  The main thing on my list
for an improved HTTP  client is to make a HTTPRequest class to hold the
URL, method (GET/PUT/POST), and any form arguments to be used.  This
change would clean things up quite a lot and should pave the way for
more features.

Lex