[BUG]Scampler-Posting, Authentication, Infinite Loop

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Jul 2 20:40:42 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Lex Spoon wrote:

> People keep refering to Comanche and Seaside, and I don't understand
> why.  The HTTPClient/HTTPSocket is a client, and these others are
> servers.  I'm pretty sure Comanche does not use HTTPSocket and is not
> influenced by its capabilities or what it can do.

Well, I think the reason people talk about Comanche in this context is
that Stephen was thinking about extracting a generic implementation of the
HTTP protocol (both server and client) from it.  It seems like there's
probably enough overlap for this to make sense.

I have no idea what Seaside has to do with anything, though :).

> The client is used by things like Scamper.  The main thing on my list
> for an improved HTTP  client is to make a HTTPRequest class to hold the
> URL, method (GET/PUT/POST), and any form arguments to be used.  This
> change would clean things up quite a lot and should pave the way for
> more features.

... and of course there already is an HTTPRequest class as part of
Comanche, it just needs to be able to output itself as HTTP...

Stephen, do you have a status report on HTTP client work?  It would be
great to see this stuff cleaned up soon.

Avi