Monticello and extra lines between platforms

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Jul 3 01:00:59 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 05:49  PM, Derek Brans wrote:

> Thanks for the responses Avi, Julian, Colin and Ned.
>
> I'm also not very line ending knowledgeable.  What's the easiest way to
> correct my .mc file?

Well, on a Mac, I'd recommend BBEdit. For each document, you can set
the line-end convention (via the little "document" menu in the tool
bar). You want to set it to "Unix" if you're using the command-line cvs
client under OS X, or "Macintosh" if you have a Mac CVS client like
MacCVSPro.

Then you need to find and fix any line-ends that violate the
convention. "Zap Gremlins..." under the Text menu is the best candidate
for that, but you can also do a search for "\n" and fix them manually.
(Note that BBEdit uses Mac line-endings internally, so this will work
fine even if you're saving to Unix format.)

Then just save your file and you're done.

Colin