Printing a Morph to "default printer" in Win32 VM

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Thu Jul 3 06:19:52 UTC 2003

  Darius,

> Perhaps I had a mental block and assumed that such a feature would be
> accessible for school age children from a menu in the default image.

  I guess it should.

> Is this documented some where? What search skill would you expect from a
> newbie so he could find this _before_ asking the list?

  Well, I don't know what search skill to expect when there is no such
google-able info on the internet...  Of course, you can type a word
"printer" in some text pane and do Ctrl-W and read the code.  Then you
can guess the primtive does something...

  But, asking the list actually sounds like a good way to search.

> Also, I could not find where the VM stores the default printer value in
> my image. What object instance holds this?

  If I understand correctly, it is a Windows thing, and Squeak just
uses the default printer setting of Windows.  There is no such object
in Squeak to hold the value.

> Where would be a good place for me to store my default hScale & vScale
> in my image?

  Hmm.  You could create your own Printer class and add a method (or
methods) to the class.

> And the last question: How can I now print multi-page morphs such as the
> BookMorph, PluggableText Morph (that scrolls larger than the frame), or
> WebPage Morph?

  For BookMorph, open an inspector and evaluate:

    pages do: [:morph | (morph imageForm offset: 0 at 0) primPrint...]

or similar thing should do it.  (I haven't tested it though.)

  For PluggableTextMorph, I can imagine a way to do it...  You sure
don't want to do it by yourself?  ^^;

-- Yoshiki