Upcoming BFAV features

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Thu Jul 3 19:39:46 UTC 2003

[SLint Integration]

I've talked with Romain Robbes about integrating SLint and/or BrowseUnit with the FileContentsBrowser.  I think that this would really help reviewers.

In general, anyone who can think of a cool "plugin" for the BFAV that can register with the FileList to handle .cs files, should submit 'em!

[Tabs]

I'm mulling over what I want to work on next for the Bug Fixes Archive Viewer.
I think the next thing I'm going to do, is build a tabbed interface very similar to the one Steve Wessels built for his enhanced IRC client.  Each tab with have its own independent set of filters, and there will be the capability to create new tabs.  The default BFAV (the one registered with the "open..." menu) will open with 4 tabs:
 * Main (the current default view)
 * Unreviewed (groups with only one post)
 * Reviewed (groups that have been reviewed but not approved)
 * Approved (groups that have been approved but not put into the update stream)
 * Updates (groups that have been marked with update stream numbers)

This proposed interface should be significantly more helpful for being able to step through the various stages in the harvesting process, within the BFAV.