pending 64bit version of squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at mac.com
Thu Jul 3 21:00:22 UTC 2003

> I think that John definately deserves a a new G5! But until then, at
> least
> folks on old-school (ha!) 32 bit machines can still compile optimized
> code
> for the G5 using the dev tools update posted at the ADC.
>
> Regards,
> Aaron
> (who can't wait to see what John pulls out of his magic hat for the G5
> squeak!)

Actually one of the changes in 3.5.2b1 was to compile an align loops on
16 byte boundary per suggestions
from Apple's performance tools.  Interestingly enough that produces
much more consistent tinybenchmark
numbers, right now I"m testing align=32 for
loops/functions/jumps/labels per apples recomendations for 32bit
G5 application to see what happens.

===