[BUG] GeneralEnh-ajh.1.cs is missing from update stream

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jul 3 23:40:28 UTC 2003

On Thursday 03 July 2003 02:31 pm, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Ned -
> It isn't supposed to be - making them independent is a feedback
> that Anthony responded to. What dependencies do you see?

First, the preamble says it's a prerequisite.

Second, I looked for senders of some of the methods in the GeneralEnh
CS, and there were indeed some senders. At least those methods are
required.

Like, for instance, Message class>>catcher, and thus the
MessageCatcher class itself.

CompiledMethod sourceClass calls: backChunk

Parser parse:class: calls: parseError

InstructionStream previousPc calls Message catcher

And there's some unimplemented calls in those change sets as well.

For instance,

CompiledMethod blockNodeIn: calls: ir errorNodeNotFound
decompileBlock: isInlined

> The dependencies should be either removed or the specific requisite
> methods added, instead of adding the whole enchilada.

Probably so. As it is right now, I suspect that decompilation and
maybe debugging won't work right.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com