[ENH] ColorSeesTurtleTrailsToo-nk (nice, but why a pref?)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 4 18:38:12 UTC 2003

On Friday 04 July 2003 10:54 am, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> I do not think a preference is justified for this. It unnessecarily
> adds to the clutter of preferences we already have. AFAICT this
> only matters for trails on the World, which is a rarely used
> feature IMHO. So backwards compatibility should not be a problem.

But I think that the tests should be localized to the PasteUpMorph of
the Morph that's testing. After all, it's kind of counter-intuitive
to have a Morph on an embedded playfield looking at the colors of
other morphs that may be in some other world and above it.

Plus it's quicker to limit testing to the (probably smaller) embedded
PasteUpMorph.

And I can see wanting to ignore the trails when doing a #color:sees:
or #touchesColor: test. You may be using the trails to diagnose
motion, for instance, and they may not be important to your program
logic.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com