[BUG][FIX] Pen trails form depth ( [closed] use ColorSeesTurtleTrailsToo-nk instead )

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Jul 4 22:08:25 UTC 2003

Am Freitag, 04.07.03 um 19:50 Uhr schrieb ned at bike-nomad.com:

> Since PasteUpMorph>>drawOn: already does the background fill and draws
> submorphs, this fix will result in the backgrond being filled twice,
> and
> the submorphs being drawn twice.

You are right about the background fill, but why do you think the
submorphs are drawn twice?

> Also, the implementation of drawOn: will also draw the grid form, which
> is probably not something we want to have visible here.

I'd argue that the major source of the color-seer tile's power is its
simplicity: it just tests what's on screen. For example, it's really
funny when a car bumps into a menu and stops. It's obvious to children,
but I'm always amazed because I expect it to pass underneath.

So if someone chooses to use a grid, so be it. There is no reason to
treat this differently from other on-screen content. The color-seer
should see it, IMHO.

> I recommend my fix instead, but the trails form depth fix in
> #createOrResizeTrailsForm should be included.

Okay, I retract this changeset. Please include the depth fix into yours.

-- Bert