lurking signals in EventSensor

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 5 17:36:49 UTC 2003

I'll just repeat my suggestion that we try to split out some of this
stuff so that platform specific VM code can handle it when needed. A few
macros etc is all it should take. Then we can get rid of some ugliness
- just look at checkForInterrupts().

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Oh, by the way, one trick I'm using lately to get msecs resolution for
> timers is to provide a hardware interrupt (similar to itimer) which resets
> the interruptCheckCounter therefore forcing an interrupt check every msec.
Sound nice. I should make an attempt at using that myself.

> In a way, it really is! Much of this is in the (mostly outdated) interwoven
> expectations by various clients. There are some contradicting assumptions in
> the interplay between Sensor's original behavior and what is provided by
> EventSensor.
It really is way past time that the Sensor/EventSensor stuff was
rewritten to clean it up properly. We orginally had the EventSensor to
allw the then-new event driven VMs to work and left the Sensor for older
VMs and MVC projects. These days EventSensor is used in MVC projects as
well and it handles (however badly) the non-event VMs. Let's
simplificationize the whole thing.

tim
Strange OpCodes: PNG: Pass Noxious Gas