lurking signals in EventSensor

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jul 5 18:29:47 UTC 2003

> Nope can't say I've seen that. but let me propose a thought that might
> help find it.
>
> What i'd suggest is in EventSensor>>processEvent:
>
> either on the interrupt key, or add a new signal say cmd-?

No idea
Nathanael spent a lot of time trying to design a minimal program
reproducing it.

> To have it wake up a high priority task and dump all the processor
> stacks somewhere and other information, say
> append to a text file. That way when it happens, maybe just maybe you
> can hit cmd-? a couple
> of times and capture some information then look for something that
> looks odd.
>

> ps you have an example, or what you think is an example? That I can
> try?

Take a 3.6 alpha open some windows, browser, then invoke a deprecated
method
such as Smalltalk beep. When you proceed the notifier, you have a big
chance
to see all the panes getting refresh extremely slowly one after the one
ones even those that should not get redrawn.

Stef