"transparent skin" (new user Q)

Nancy Head head.n at mvumail.mivu.org
Sun Jul 6 21:08:17 UTC 2003

Hi!

I'm a new user trying to use the first tutorial posted at:
http://www.squeakland.org/author/etoys.html

It's the "Painting Tutorial" at:
http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?/projects/etoys/PaintTutorial3.006.pr

The first screen of instructions says:
Click on the "Escape Browser" button to use your full screen and have the
best experience.

I then click on the "yellow arrow" icon to the 2nd page of the Tutorial. It
says:
click on the Navigator bar and click on the paintbrush button. A paint box
will appear to the right of the work area and a "transparent skin" will
cover the working area.

I click on the paintbrush button and, sure enough, the "transparent skin"
covers the working area.

Problem: I'm never told how to remove the "transparent skin" and thus
progress to the next step of the tutorial.

If I don't enter the paint tools I can click through the tutorial, but then
I can't "do" any of it.

How do I toggle between the tutorial instructions and the work environment?

Thanks,

Nancy