"transparent skin" (new user Q)

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Mon Jul 7 04:45:06 UTC 2003

I think what Nancy needs to know is that you terminate painting (and
thus get rid of the translucent skin) by clicking on the "Keep"
button (to keep your drawing) or on the "Toss" button to get out
without saving your drawing.

The problem is that (at least in my current plugin) the preference is
set to have the translucent skin cover the entire screen -- and this
effectively prevents her from going to the next page of the tutorial.
The tutorial should either be in a flap, or the skin should not be
full screen. This seems to be a new problem, the skin used to not
come up full screen.

Ned's suggestion below will not quite work, in that you would be
painting *on* the working area itself rather than making a separate
object to go *in* the working area.

We will fix this right away (how did it get undone in the first
place?) .... This tutorial is very old anyway and should be updated
to be consistent with the current plugin. I'll do that tomorrow.

Cheers,

Alan