[FIX] NoDoitInPackageInfo-nk ( Included in latest version of PackageInfo )

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Jul 7 19:37:27 UTC 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 ned at bike-nomad.com wrote:

> I notice that this has been included in the latest version of
> PackageInfo from SqueakMap.

It has, although Colin points out that really this is a problem in
MethodReference>>isValid, which should be checking for #DoIt itself -
shouldn't it?  He was going to post a formal [FIX] with this...

> Shouldn't we post the latest version (or a change set with the deltas)
> to the update stream, now that PackageInfo is in the base?

I'm unclear on the policy here.  I thought maybe SM, PackageInfo etc were
meant to be one time inclusions in the update stream, which would be
updated through SM from then on.  Doug?

> We might consider removing the (apparently unused) VW3PackageExporter
> and VW5PackageExporter, though.

Well, I use them :).  But yes, those should likely go in some
PackageInfoExtras package, as should your PackageInfo/ChangeSet stuff.
Though for that we should really find a better way of getting the list of
active packages than what you currently use...

Avi