[FIX] ContextCleanupDebugFix ( breaks Process>>terminate? )

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jul 7 22:37:49 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:50:01AM -0800, ned at bike-nomad.com wrote:

> In my image, I'm now getting walkbacks when a process is terminated.
>
> Specifically, I have OSProcess installed, and it's got a process that it
> terminates in its startUp method.
>
> However, that process's suspendedContext is nil.
>
> Here's the call stack:

<snip>

I loaded the ContextCleanupDebugFix change set into an image with OSProcess
installed, and I am not getting the walkbacks. Is there anything else loaded into
your test image? I'd like to reproduce this and check if it's anything I did
wrong in OSProcess.

My system looks like this:

$ Smalltalk version
Squeak3.6alpha
$ Smalltalk lastUpdateString
latest update: #5179
$ Smalltalk vmVersion
Squeak 3.2 of 11 July 2002 [latest update: #4917]
$ uname -a
Linux dtlewis 2.2.13 #14 Fri Dec 22 16:26:47 EST 2000 i686 unknown
$ OSProcess versionInformation
#('OSProcess version 3.0.3' 'CommandShell version 3.0' 'OSProcessPlugin: Squeak 3.2 of 11 July 2002 [latest update: #4917] with UnixOSProcessPlugin version 3.0.3 using concrete class UnixOSProcessPluginNoThisSessionAvailable, part of OSProcess version 3.0.3, running on linux-gnu unix VM with UnixOSProcessPlugin 4 July 2003 (e) plugin version 3.1 (plugin does not match class in image)')
$

Dave