[ENH][VM] Improved code generation (hopefully ;)

John M McIntosh johnmci at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 23:50:20 UTC 2003

> John,
>
> Here are versions that work with 3.6 latest. I hadn't noticed that some
> things changed in VMMaker itself. This also makes the Interpreter
> changes
> work right.
>
> Cheers,
> - Andreas
>
> PS. What kind of variable name is
> "globalStructureBuildMethodHasFoo"??? ;-)

Cryptic....

The global structure build method has to provide a foo register
reference, this is only done
based on referencing the fum structure more that once in a method
build. Originally it was only done
if we had one reference to foo in the method build, hence
globalStructureBuildMethodHasFoo.

Anyway I've build a 3.6.x VM based on these change sets and find that
localReturnContext
localReturnValue
still have no declaration in interpret()

===