[ENH][VM] Improved code generation (hopefully ;)

John M McIntosh johnmci at mac.com
Tue Jul 8 00:44:17 UTC 2003

> > if we had one reference to foo in the method build, hence
> > globalStructureBuildMethodHasFoo.
>
> So "foo" refers to "fum", eh? So much for intention-revealing code
> ;-)))

Well actually I should consider changing it. See it started life as an
inside joke because a "let's just
try this", actually worked, and snowballed into the global structure
logic, and somehow the ill-formed
name was just carried along.

PS
Adding the other few variables to the structure might be useful. Some
aren't in it because they
get initialized at compile time. These should be come runtime
initialization. The others are arrays, and
at the time GCc 2.9x.x didn't do a very good job of dealing with them
when it created object code, that could
be re-looked at.

Mmm somehow having a reference handle and making all the primitives and
vm support
code forgo globals could be interesting too.

===