[ENH][VM] Improved code generation (hopefully ;)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jul 8 01:46:28 UTC 2003

John, Tim,

> No all I did was download Squeak3.6a-5325 and update from
> server, then update squeakmap, then install
> VMMaker, then install your two changesets.

Yes, I tried this and get the same result (should have checked before but
the changes were simple enough). Sooo .... how do I find out what _exactly_
has changed between 3.5 and 3.6alpha?

Which raises an interesting general question: In this age of having
everything at SqueakMap do we actually have a way of tracking changes
between versions of packages? What I have here is a great example for the
kind of problem - I wasn't aware that _anything_ has changed in VMMaker but
apparently the changes were large enough to break everything I was doing. So
I have an urgent need to find out what and where things got changed. How am
I going to find out other than scanning (literally) thousands of lines of
code manually?

Cheers,
  - Andreas