Squeak Install Instructions

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Thu Jul 10 19:55:31 UTC 2003

Or Macs, which also install simply and cleanly.

Seriously now, how many teachers currently use Linux?

However, I'd like to get many more teachers using Linux, so now is a
good time to make the installation much simpler. ("Linux" does seem
to denote a far more ranging loose confederation of features and
versions than even MS and Apple provide -- we have certainly found
this so with respect to both 3D and sound -- so I think it would be
good for expert Linux hackers to define and put forth the reasonable
parameters on which an automatic installer can and should depend.)

Cheers,

Alan