Squeak Install Instructions

Dave Bauer dave at thedesignexperience.org
Fri Jul 11 01:26:54 UTC 2003

I am glad there are debian packages. THe latest version I could apt-get
was 3.2.5. Also this is I think the full version. There is no way to
apt-get the squeakland version.

Also I found this on the main download page:

"Download sites vary in how they package these files; often, you will
have to download platform-independent and platform-dependent files
separately."

The fact that there _are_ different download sites, and that they
present the files in different formats is very confusing.

I have trouble even finding what the current version is. The page linked
from squakland offers 3.2.5 version to download. The Unix download page
has 3.4 last time I checked, but some of the files are labled squeak3.5.

So I think there is quite a bit of information, that is in several
different locations, that is often confusing to know what is the best
way to install squeak. Especially on non-MS operating systems.

Dave

--
Dave Bauer
dave at thedesignexperience.org