[UPDATES] 21 for 3.6beta

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Jul 13 06:46:56 UTC 2003

These are the current approved fixes for 3.6beta.  I left out the
enhancements, which can wait until 3.7alpha (except for trivial ones
like class comment changes).  The other enhancements will still be
waiting for me in the BugFixArchiveViewer when we open 3.7alpha, so
they won't get forgotten.

- Doug Way

----------------------

5332GraphicsTidyImage-sjc -- Sean Charles -- 3 May 2003
In the process of writing some HTML gallery helpers, I discovered that
saving as JPEG uses .jpeg but that Form
class>>fileReaderServicesForFile:fullName suffix:suffix did not
recognise my newly saved file! I added it to the list and it now works
as I expected it to.
I then did a 'search methods' for jpg and jpeg (case insens.) and got
12 and 32 for jpg and jpeg respectively. I have spent some time
investigating if there are other places where jpeg/jpg are handled
differently.
The rest of this changeset provides fixes for such places.
md: removed change for Scamper.

5333FloatPrecisionFix-nk -- Ned Konz -- 18 May 2003
This fixes a problem that is caused when
UpdatingStringMorph>>floatPrecision: is called with a number that is
not a negative power of 10.
You can see this with 'Speaker manWithEditor'.

5334KCP91AddTheMetaClass -- stephane ducasse -- 27 June 2003
This changeset complements the
theNonMetaClass message by introducing theMetaClass message which
return always the metaclass of any ClassDescription subclass instances."

5335KCP93ClassVerComment -- stephane ducasse -- 27 June 2003
Better comment for classVersion. (bad name by the way should be called
version). "

5336KCP94FixItsyVoltage -- stephane ducasse -- 27 June 2003
Fix the method PowerManagement>>itsyVoltage"

5337JoyStepTime-je -- Joern Eyrich -- 6 January 2002
step faster when tracking a real joystick"

5338MoreKCPFixes-nk -- Ned Konz -- 3 July 2003
A few minor fixes for some of the recent KCP cleanups:
* SystemNavigation had several methods that included the phrase 'self
systemNavigation', which doesn't work.
* Object beep called primitiveBeep when it should have been calling
beepPrimitive instead.

5339DoOneCycleNow-nk-ls -- Ned Konz -- 4 July 2003
v2: adds Lex Spoon's comments (from his May 6 change set called
doOneCycleComm-ls) to doOneCycleNow and friends.
This changes some senders of doOneCycleNow in FileList2 to use
doOneCycle.
You can see the problem caused by doOneCycleNow when using a laptop,
since the mouse will start jerking around the screen.

5340ImageReaderDepFix-nk -- Ned Konz -- 7 July 2003
This is a fix for three deprecated methods in SystemDictionary
(imageReaderClass, gifReaderClass, and jpegReaderClass) that offered no
suggestion as to alternatives.
And it also fixes their callers to refer directly to the classes in
question.

5341removeChessConsts-asm -- Alejandro Magistrello -- 6 July 2003
Removes ChessConstants from the system"

5342WindowPositioning-nk -- Ned Konz -- 5 July 2003
When running the new 3.6b image at exactly 800 at 600, the debugger
appears partly offscreen.
This change set makes the RealEstateAgent try first to translate a
window to keep it inside the Display bounds, then squash it.

5343InhDecoratedButton-nk -- Ned Konz -- 7 July 2003
This change set adds to the decorateBrowserButtons behavior.
Previously, if the method you are browsing has a definition in the
superclass but didn't call it, the button would appear uncolored.
This changes that by defining two new colors that indicate when a
method has a superclass definition but doesn't call it.
Also, it speeds up the color determination by not calling
#allImplementorsOf:.
v2: Per Scott Wallace's suggestion, adds new color explanations to
balloon text.

5344LexiconLimitClass-cmm -- Chris Muller -- 26 March 2003
When attempting browse protocol (p) of any class that does not inherit
from Object, a doesNotUnderstand results because initialLimitClass
assumes an inheritance from Object.  For example, try browing protocol
of ObjectOut.
This fix selects the second-to-last superclass in the targetClass'
superclass chain.  This maintains the existing selection, Object, for
those that inherit from Object, and a good choice for those that don't."

5345DeadProcessFix-nk -- Ned Konz -- 7 July 2003
This fixes a problem in the ProcessBrowser similar to that fixed in the
Debugger in DebuggerDeadProcessFix-nk where we're trying to display the
pcRange of a dead context.

5346DebuggerDeadProcess-nk -- Ned Konz -- 7 July 2003
When debugging a context that's dead, the debugger was having problems.
This change set fixes that problem.

5347newMethodNoCatSel-asm -- Alejandro Magistrello -- 09 July 2003
-open a browser, change to the class side, choose -show comments from
the class pane menu or hit the '?' button, you''l see the class
definition instead of the class comment
see Browser.editComment, changed some order and added two self changed:
#mess.., don''t like it, but seems to work.
27 June 2003:
-open a browser, select a class, select a method without selecting a
method category, now enter a new method with some sintactic error in
the code, your code is cleared and no way to return to it.
25 June 2003:
-update 5262 caused that if you don't have a method category selected
and try to enter a new method, you get an error.
this tries to fix that
-set the preference #annotationPanes to true, open a browser and select
a method on the instance side of a class, now change to the class side,
note that the annotationPane is not updated.
added self changed: #annotation to Browser.metaclassIndicated:

5348FixMoveIVar-ar

5349ObsoleteNetClasses-nk -- Ned Konz -- 6 July 2003
In 3.6b-5331, there were still some references to obsolete classes.
This removes those references.

5350TTCFontPixelSizeFix-nk -- Ned Konz -- 10 July 2003
This fixes the walkbacks caused by using TTCFonts in point sizes that
didn't equate to integer pixel sizes.

5351FITBFocusFix-nk -- Ned Konz -- 12 July 2003
FillInTheBlankMorph instances would not get the keyboard focus unless
the mouse was over them. This was especially annoying using pen input.
This fixes that problem by setting the keyboard focus in
getUserResponse.
Try it:
FillInTheBlankMorph
		request: 'Type something, then type CR.'
		initialAnswer: 'yo ho ho!'
		centerAt: (ActiveHand position - (100 at 100))
This also includes a version of my prior NewLookFITBFix-nk from 26
June, modified to work without the New Look Preferences package loaded.
The comment from that change set was:
If you have Diego's New Look Preferences loaded, and have turned off
the menuAppearance3d preference, FillInTheBlankMorphs blow up when
created.

5352CPUWatcherShutDown-nk -- Ned Konz -- 18 June 2003
This change set adds startup/shutdown behavior to the CPUWatcher and
the ProcessBrowsers.
It will make the CPUWatcher stop and restart across image saves, and it
will make ProcessBrowser instances resume updating properly.
(merged conflict with more recent change (#5189) in ProcessBrowser
class>>initialize -dew)