[Q][FFI] exception without cause

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Sun Jul 13 09:31:45 UTC 2003

I finally managed to build a vm with the FFI plugin as a shared
library. When I run FFITester testAll I get an exception saying
"problem with doubles". The debugger shows me the followin code:

        value _ rcvr ffiTestDoubles: 41 with: true.
        value = 42.0
                ifFalse: [self error: 'problem with doubles'].

but value *is* 42 according to the debugger (the loop variable i has a
value of 2). When I put in a "value inspect" I get two expectors
showing me "42.0" and #testAll runs without complaints.

How can that be ?

While we're at it: what is #ffiPrintString supposed to do. I was
expecting the string to be printed to stdout but nothing happens (it
doesn't complain either).