[Q][Connectors] Locking ends?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jul 13 15:32:25 UTC 2003

On Sunday 13 July 2003 08:05 am, German Morales wrote:
> It seems that Ned Konz wrote:
> > Where you want to probably want to change it is in:
> > #mouseDownInConnected: and/or #mouseDownInOneEndConnected:, and
> > keep them from emitting #mouseDownNearEnd events.
>
> I took that approach, doing a quick hack that seems to work.
> I modified #mouseDownInConnected: this way:
[snip]

I did the same thing, more or less, but added a check on the attached
morph as well.

The NCConstraintMorph can have an arbitrary number of inputs. However,
no one has ever used it that way, and in NCLineEndConstraintMorph
I've defined #input as "inputs first", and that's used a lot in the
code.

> The "^ self" prevents unexpected behaviors, like considering that
> you are dragging a vertex.
>
> One thing I don't like is to check for the index (1 or 2)...
> perhaps two methods would be more Smalltalk-like ;-)

Maybe. I'll think about doing this, and trying to maintain backwards
compatibility. Part of the problem is that I haven't found good names
for the different ends yet.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com