Flexible squeak - a call for extension mechanisms

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Jul 14 22:12:25 UTC 2003

Hi Daniel and all!

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> I started working on something like this - specifically, an option to
> save the list of installed packages, so that it would be easy to then
> install the same packages on a new image.
>
> The problem is that packages need to be installed in a specific order,
> and the save order isn't easy to access through SM, so I haven't been
> able to make something that would work automatically (though it is
> workable with a little human intervention).

And tada! In SM1.07 I now store both Time totalSeconds and a sequence
number.
Though I did realize that the sequence number thing got confused by
reinstallations.

Hmmm, not sure how to deal with that. Ideas? Since the number is
calculated as "installedPackages size + 1" many packages can get the
same number when doing reinstalls/upgrades.

regards, Göran

PS. And of course in SM1.1... yaddayadda...