building B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Windows

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 14 22:17:45 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to build an external B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Windows using
a 5352 image with versions of VMMaker and Balloon3D that I just got
from SqueakMap.  I can build a VM and external plugins without
difficulties.  However, when trying to build the Balloon3D plugin,
I get a very large number of errors similar to:

//Z/Squeak/VMs/3.5.1/win32/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:248:
undefined reference to 'glGetError at 0'

I'm using the 3.5.1 VM source from SourceForge, and the most recent
win32 toolchain.  I've verified that the linker is trying to use the same
openGL32.lib that comes with the toolchain.

(several months ago, Ned suggested a better way to see what functions libraries
export than using 'strings', but I couldn't find the email.  Can anyone refresh
my memory)

Has anyone had similar troubles?

Thanks,
Joshua