Flexible squeak - a call for extension mechanisms

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Tue Jul 15 14:33:50 UTC 2003

> Oh well.  I guess I'm now waiting for someone to propose that
> the menus be customizable.  Can't decide whether an item
> should go in "help" or "debug" ?  Aww, who cares, ship it
> randomly and let the user fix it up.
> Call it the ultimate in personalization.  It's a feature.

No, I'm waiting for someone to get momentum going on a Squeak Usability
Project!

Lex, do you know good usability/UI design profs at Georgia Tech that
could get a student to do a usability/UI design-review of Squeak as a
semester project?

Does anybody know 'mpt'? (Matthew Thomas -> http://mpt.phrasewise.com/ )
If he were interested and available, it would be great to get him to do
a thorough usability/UI design review for Squeak.

Tim, I would really like to see your thoughts on UI design.  Do you have
some published on your website already?