Distributing Squeak Projects

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jul 15 20:59:52 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 12:57 pm, Jeff Longland wrote:

> I'm sure this is a bit of a newbie question, but as I'm finishing
> up my first projects I'm beginning to think about publishing my
> Squeak projects to the web.  I've already created a website where
> I'll post my projects, but I'd like to make the loading of the
> projects as easy as possible for non-squeakers.

>  Could someone
> point me in the direction of resources for publishing Squeak
> projects?  I'm aware of the plug-ins available from squeak.org and
> squeakland, but will any changesets I've installed be in place when
> using the plug-ins?

You can load the required change sets into your project.

>  I've also read that one can strip down the
> Squeak image to what's required, and then have the plug-in load
> that image?

No, the plugin comes with an image. So if your users install it (by
following their browser's prompts) they'll have a standardized image.

However, I suppose you could make your own project MIME type and have
a separate pointer to an installer of your own, if your image needed
to be very different (like if it had to include Connectors).

http://www.squeaklet.com/NPSqueak/

http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/plugin/download.html

--
Ned Konz