[BUG] issue in 3.6a with method save and unknown variables prompt.

John M McIntosh johnmci at mac.com
Thu Jul 17 05:44:17 UTC 2003

Well this bug has been driving me crazy over the last day or so. I'm
not quite sure how to recreate it
but I'll toss the general idea out to see if someone else has seen it.
Seen in 3.6a 5325 and I think in 5352.

I go to a method, then start editing it, and add a new temporary
variable
but not defined quite yet. Then save, then in theory it prompts me with

Unknown variable: foo
please correct, or cancel:
declare temp

Problem is the method I was just editing has been reset so all my
changes
are gone...

I have also seen this same problem where I pick just the method category

message selector and argument names
	"comment stating purpose of message"

	| temporary variable names |
	statements

and fill in the method, forget a variable, then same prompt, but all the
text I've typed is gone...

It's happened at least 5 times now, alas I'm not sure what the magic is
to recreate it.

===