[Q] undoing changesets

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jul 17 22:29:32 UTC 2003

Hi Martin!

Martin Drautzburg <martin.drautzburg at web.de> wrote:
> I just got bitten by some changes introduce by Commanche that undid
> some of the network rewrite code (SocketStream). I thought I could
> simply refile the network rewrite code.
>
> First I could not find an entry in the ChangeSorter menu. So I filed
> it out and back in. But nothing changed. When I look at the methods on

Eh, "out and back in" isn't really what you think. A fileout just
creates a file, it doesn't remove anything from the image.

> the changesets they seem to be all the same, i.e. even the
> 5254new-newClasses-mir contain the "bolot" version of
> SocketSteam>>upTo: So the change-sets always contain the *current*
> version of methods, right ?

Exactly. This is what makes changesets so... evil. :-) Well, among many
other things I guess.

> Now what could I possibly do to get the network rewrite code back ?

Well, you could go through the Comanche changeset and pick those methods
belonging to "base classes", do "versions" on them and revert to the
previous version. It can't be many methods.

On the other hand - which Comanche are we talking about? 5.1.1? Stephen
has it listed as 3.6 compatible which he probably should correct (by
either adapting it to current 3.6 or scratching 3.6 from the list). :-)

Stephen also has much newer and better Comanche versions not yet listed
on SM AFAICT (probably waiting for SM1.1) . Haven't had the pleasure yet
to play with them.

regards, Göran