Licenses all over again

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 18 15:31:00 UTC 2003

On Thursday 17 July 2003 06:01 pm, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:
> I am once again concerned about the use of LGPL for squeak code, in
>   view of the positions recently taken by FSF with respect to LGPL
> and Java-based libraries, which has taken the view that clients of
> "included" Java libraries are virally attached by LGPL.

Hi Andrew,

Just a quick glance at SqueakMap shows me that few packages seem to be
under LGPL.

I hadn't realized that StarBrowser was listed as LGPL (or if I did I
forgot). I've written Roel to see if he would be willing to change it
to something else (MIT?).

Do you think that even having LGPL packages pointed at by SqueakMap is
a problem, or is it just their use you're concerned about?

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com