Extending FileList with CrLf

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 18 16:22:23 UTC 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 09:12 am, Volker Nitsch wrote:
> Hacking a bit in FileList to use CrLFileStream.:
>
> FileList opens its files with FileDirectory.
> Currently i clone oldFileOrNoneNamed:etc as
> oldCrLfFileOrNoneNamed: etc. is this the right way?

No need to do this (see below).

> Also i subclass FileList as CrLfFileList. would some flag or such
> in FileList itself be better?

We already have one. See FileStream class>>concreteStream and its
callers.

Have you just tried changing FileStream class>>concreteStream to:

concreteStream
	^CrLfFileStream

> I want to open files by selecting. So the FileList and
> PluggableTextMorph needs to cooperate. i added
>   selection
> 	^ textMorph editor selection
> to PluggableTextMorph and handle it like "view as hex".
> since the textmorph offers no access to the selection, i guess
> Squeakers would use another way?

Ordinarily the PTM sends messages to its model when the selection is
changed (and when the model wants to change the selection).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com