[BUG]TTF package break system if loaded again

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 18 23:12:24 UTC 2003

This is a "don't do that" but one moderately likely to recur and
definitely symptomatic of a nasty class of problem we will face many
times.

In a 5325 level image I went to load the TrueType package, having
forgotten that it is already included. Unfortunately the initialising
of the TTCFont class. Somewhere it manages to build TTCFonts with nil
pixelSize and all hell breaks loose.

Solution? One possibility is to make sure that such installation
methods are idmpotent. Another might be to make some way to stop a
packag loading if is already there - except what happens with updated
versions.  The simplest 'fix' I can think of is for the package
preamble to be amended to check the latest update level and to do
something appropriate.

tim
tim at sumeru.stanford.edu