[FIX] ContextCleanupDebugFix ( )

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jul 19 15:08:49 UTC 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 08:36 pm, Anthony Hannan wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> > Can we do something about the broken debugger? I also notice that
> > #popTo: has lost its return value.
>
> Attached is a new version of ContextCleanupDebugFix.  It includes
> its previous fixes plus fixes to new bugs found by Ned.  I could
> not reproduce the OSProcess terminate bug.  Maybe Ned's
> DeadProcessFix fixed it or my changes here fix it.  Process>>popTo:
> purposely no longer has a return value to match its previous
> signature.  Decompiler>>popTo: is an entirely different message
> that is never sent to a Process (it just happens to have the same
> selector name).

OK, now make it work with the Process Browser :-)

Stepping looks much better; thanks!

However...

You seem to need to suspend a process before debugging it now, for
some reason (this breaks "debug" from the Process Browser).
In other words, this no longer works:

[ Project uiProcess debug ] fork

You have to do this instead:

[ Project uiProcess suspend; debug ] fork

Or more accurately, you have to check to see if it's suspended first.

In fact, if you open the debugger on a running process you get the
interesting effect of having the process running at the same time.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com