[Please confirm/deny] swapControlAndAltKeys doesn't swap correctly (3.4, 3.5)

Christian Eitner Christian.Eitner at cern.ch
Sun Jul 20 11:27:39 UTC 2003

Good day list!

I've tested that with images 3.4-5170 and 3.5-5180 on VM 3.4-1 #3 XShm Tue Mar  4 05:43:28 CET 2003 gcc 2.95.4, running on Debian woody/testing:
   Enabling Preferences -> `swapControlAndAltKeys' works so that Control-a gives `Function-Capital-A'. If Function `A' doesn't exist, nothing happens, of course. So for example:

   b Browse (no reaction)
	 d Do it (no reaction)
	 e Exchange selections (triggers `method strings with it' which is denoted as `E')
	 k triggers big `K' `set style'

	 _But_ Control-f works as `f' as in `find', not as in `F' as in `Insert ifFalse:'. Also working correctly: `c', `x' and `v' as in copy/cut/paste. I'm completely mystified. Can someone please verify/falsify this behaviour or give me a tipp as to whether I have completely misconfigured X11 (or whatever)?

	 Thanks for your consideration,

	 Christian

	 P.S.: For the list moderator: This messige is pending for your manual confirmation, since I screwed up my Debian exim mailer configuration. Please ignore this. Thx.