[ENH] mapcan ( [cd][er][et][sm] please consider a non-Lispish name )

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Jul 21 04:30:09 UTC 2003

"frank" frank at canyon-medical.com wrote:
	Although I am a great fan of Lisp, I feel that, in at least some cases,
	Smalltalk names for similar functions are superior to those of Lisp.
	For example, I prefer #collect: over #mapCar: .

	Perhaps 'mapcan' could be changed to something closer to
	Smalltalk/English?

It doesn't look as though "frank" bothered to read the changeset.
Had he done so, he would have discovered that "mapcan" is the name
of the changeset itself, and of that only; the method it adds is
called "concatenation", which is quite definitely English already.